This is a response to the feedback I received on my Frame Exercise: https://brianandrewcompton.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/frame-exercise-critique-anna-fratianni/
- He is correct. The Symmetrically Balanced image is actually Assymetrically Balanced. I made a mistake in thinking that having the identical objects on each side would make it symmetrically balanced, but I now realize that symmetrically balanced means that there shouldn’t be a strong focal point on only one side.
- He is correct. I didn’t think about the shadow when shooting this though, so I will keep that in mind.
- He says that the image draws his gaze away from the subject, which I do see now. Perhaps the subject should have been lighter than the background.
- I didn’t realize that the viewer’s eye would jump back and forth between the two subjects, so I will keep this in mind.
- He is correct that the image could perhaps be a bit brighter. I also would like to have gotten a more in-focus shot.